Holiday Fire Safety Tips for Mahoning County property owners
The holidays are always a great time to unwind, enjoy good food and spend time with your family. Whether your family goes all out or has a small celebration, they need property to do it in. This holiday season SERVPRO of West Mahoning County is here to help you protect your property with cooking and decorating fire safety tips.
Holiday Cooking Tips
- Watch out for fire starters – keep all flammable material away from the stove or deep fryer
- Never leave food unattended – any food frying, boiling, or grilling should be watched closely
- Use a timer – this can help you keep track of what cooking and when to turn the oven off
Holiday Decorating Tips
- Pay attention to light – be sure to hang indoor lights, indoors only (outdoor lights, outdoors only)
- Turn off all lights and decorations while you are sleeping or away from the home
- Position your tree safely – trees should be at least 3 feet away from fireplaces and other possible heat sources
This season and every season, be sure to practice fire safety regularly to maintain your property and peace of mind. If your property does incur any fire damage or soot damage, we are here to help 24/7. Give us a call at 330-609-8543
Happy Holidays from SERVPRO!