Holiday Fire Safety Tips for your Boardman Home
Holiday traditions can increase the risk of home fires. Following simple safety precautions can help prevent a fire in your home this holiday season.
During the winter months, especially from Thanksgiving to New Year, holiday traditions can increase the risk of home fires. As your local fire and water damage specialists, SERVPRO of West Mahoning County knows a thing or two about fires. To ensure that your festivities are happy and safe, here are some fire safety tips for the holiday season.
Cooking and Baking
- Keep children and flammable items such as grocery bags and kitchen towels a minimum of three feet away from the stove and oven.
- Always stay in the kitchen while frying, boiling, grilling, or broiling food. Always stay in the home while simmering, backing, or roasting food.
- Clean up greasy spills as you go.
- If deep frying a turkey, keep the fryer away from structures and trees, make sure your turkey is fully thawed, and always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for your fryer.
Christmas Trees and Decorations
- Ensure live trees are fresh and watered every day because dry needles and wood catch fire more easily. Dispose of dry or dead trees immediately.
- Make sure your tree is at least three feet away from heat sources like fireplaces, radiators, space heaters, candles, or heat vents. Also make sure your tree does not block exits.
- Check all holiday light cords to ensure they aren’t frayed or broken.
- Don’t plug more than three strings of lights into each other. Use a power strip if you need more than three strings.
- Always unplug lights before leaving the house or going to sleep.
- Make sure outside decorations are for outdoor use.
- Keep flammable items, including curtains and holiday decorations, at least three feet away from candles, and never leave candles unattended.
- Keep any flammable items at least three feet away from flames.
- Don’t light the fireplace if you have stockings hanging on the mantel.
- Use a fire screen to keep embers and logs from escaping.
- Make sure all embers are fully extinguished before leaving or going to bed.
By following these simple safety tips, you can prevent a fire in your Boardman home this holiday season. If a fire does occur in your home, rest assured that SERVPRO of West Mahoning County is available 24/7 - even on holidays. We specialize in fire and water restoration, and we are dedicated to responding immediately when you need help.
Call us today at (330) 609-8543.
Elementary School Fire in West Mahoning County
Ensuring our customers are safe before we begin the restoration process is our main concern.
An elementary school fire took place a while back and the fire disaster was rather large. From the fire came damage from smoke and water damage from the sprinklers going off. The restoration process became very intricate and unique due to school starting in just a month. It was top priority to get this school back to “Like it never even happened.”
The Fire Restoration Process
This school was rather large. Here is a Before and After picture of the exterior of the building.
The before and after picture displays the damages the fire affected on the school’s roof. Our trained staff implemented their skills and utilized high quality equipment to restore the damages caused by the fire.
Security Before Restoration
Ensuring our customers are safe before we begin the restoration process is our main concern. We offer protection and security to your damaged structure by providing temporary repairs such as placing roof tarps and board up services.
SERVPRO of West Mahoning County are fire and water damage restoration specialists. We are always Here to Help, 24/7. Give us a call at (330) 393-9999 for immediate assistance, or visit our Website!
How To Stay Safe During a Tornado Watch
There are many things you can do during a tornado watch to stay safe.
There are many things you can do during a tornado watch to stay safe. Weather.gov provides a detailed list of the precautions you can take during a tornado watch. Here is a shortened description of that list:
- Continue to listen to local news or a NOAA Weather Radio to stay updated about tornado watches and warnings.
- Go to your basement or a safe room.
- Stay away from windows and do not go to large open rooms such as cafeterias, gymnasiums, or auditoriums.
- Seek shelter inside a sturdy building immediately if a tornado is approaching. Sheds and storage facilities are not safe. Neither is a mobile home or tent.
- Being in a vehicle during a tornado is not safe. The best course of action is to drive to the closest shelter.
SERVPRO of West Mahoning County are fire and water damage restoration specialists with specific training and expertise to safely restore your home or business. We are always Here to Help, 24/7. Give us a call at (330) 393-9999 for immediate assistance, or visit our Website!
How to Handle the After Effects of a Water Loss in Sebring
A water loss is more than just water on the floor and simply mopping it up.
A water loss is more than just water on the floor and simply mopping it up. When a heavy amount of contaminated water enters your home or business, there are many consequences. Water damage includes the need for floor, ceiling, and wall repairs. When a water loss is not properly taken care of, it can cause mold to grow.
How to Know If You Need Repairs
As a local construction company, SERVPRO of West Mahoning County prides itself on providing the best possible service to its customers and community. Services such as floor installation after a water loss can take us as little as four days to complete, including gathering and ordering the materials. Check out this Before & After photo of a home that experienced a water loss and had water damage. After we tore out and stabilized their home, we put their floor back together! The professionals at SERVPRO of West Mahoning County can simplify the restoration process by handling both the initial damage mitigation and rebuilding the affected areas. Having one qualified company for the entire process can save time and keeps costs low.
SERVPRO of West Mahoning County is always Here to Help. If you are ready to better prepare your business for a disaster, give us a call at (330) 393-9999 for immediate assistance, or visit our Website!
No Storm is Too Large to Recover Your Boardman Business
To properly recover from a storm of a large magnitude, a trusted leader in the storm and water industry must be called on.
Hurricane season is here, and it shows no signs of stopping. With devastating storms on the Gulf Coast comes much damage to restore. Recently, Louisiana endured Hurricane Ida on August 29th. With a wave of water that large, roofs are torn down, power is lost, and hope is discouraged. Not only was the water damaging, but the high winds produced afterward also took effect on the livelihoods of many people. Large losses such as these are professionally handled by SERVPRO of West Mahoning County.
How Does My Boardman Business Recover from a Large Storm?
To properly recover from a storm of a large magnitude, a trusted leader in the storm and water industry must be called on. With over 1,700 franchises in the United States and Canada, SERVPRO of West Mahoning County is made up of highly trained storm and water damage restoration specialists. What does this mean for you? When you call SERVPRO, you can expect us to answer the phone 24/7. With the latest drying equipment, highly trained specialists, and people with a heart for their community, we get you back to business quickly. No Job Is Too Large for SERVPRO of West Mahoning County.
To get your business restored back to preloss condition as fast as possible, give us a call at (330) 393-9999 or visit our Website!
How to Keep Your Boardman Business Clean
Making sure your office space, warehouse, or facility in Boardman is cleaned is very important.
Making sure your office space, warehouse, or facility in Boardman is cleaned is very important. Now more than ever with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, you almost must have your business clean for your customers. SERVPRO of West Mahoning County is here with some tips on how to keep your Boardman business clean!
Business.com cites five important steps to keeping your business clean:
- Throw out clutter you don’t need
- Hide electrical wires and chargers
- Recycle extra papers
- Minimize desk clutter
- Clean regularly
That last step is most important. Regularly vacuum, dust, and wipe down your Boardman office.
How about with COVID-19? Can you protect your business? Absolutely!
There are 3 tips from the Cleveland Clinic, Plan, Implement, and Maintain. In it, they detail the importance of keeping sanitizer in high traffic areas, provide PPE such as masks, and continue social distancing.
When normal wear and tear on your business goes beyond your normal janitorial staff, what do you do? You call SERVPRO of West Mahoning County! We are more than a fire and water restoration company. We have the training, experience, and equipment to fully clean your Boardman business. Our Commercial Cleaning Services are top notch!
To get your Boardman business clean, call SERVPRO of West Mahoning County at (300) 393-9999 or visit our Website today! We are Here to Help!
The Unique Challenges of Commercial Fire Restoration in Austintown
SERVPRO of West Mahoning County responds quickly to your Austintown business’s fire, water, and mold damage emergencies.
Fires can be devastating to Austintown homes. But to businesses, they can provide some unique challenges. Add into the equation the water damage your business may suffer from firefighting efforts, and you have a major restoration on your hands. Is there a restoration company in Austintown who can handle this? SERVPRO of West Mahoning County can!
Why are commercial restorations so unique? There are two major reasons for this:
First, the size of commercial restorations can be massive, and most restoration companies cannot service a disaster of that size. SERVPRO of West Mahoning County is a Large Loss Team. There’s no amount of damage the restoration specialists on our team cannot handle.
The second reason, and the most important to you, is the fact that every hour spent restoring your business is an hour of lost revenue. You need a restoration company who can respond fast. SERVPRO of West Mahoning County has 24/7 response. We have helped many businesses in Boardman, Canfield, and Austintown throughout the late hours recover from disasters.
When it comes to commercial and residential restoration services, SERVPRO is a leader in the industry. Available 24 hours a day and seven days a week, SERVPRO of West Mahoning County responds quickly to your Austintown business’s fire, water, and mold damage emergencies. No commercial project is too big, because we have access to the resources of a nationwide network of 1,700 Franchises. Learn more about our commercial restoration services:
Call the restoration specialists at SERVPRO of West Mahoning County today at (330) 393-9999 or visit our Website to begin getting your business back on its feet fast!
What To Do When Your Basement Floods in Boardman
We are faster to any size disaster with 24/7 response. We have the training, experience, and equipment to properly dry your Boardman home.
Flooded basements because of heavy rainfall are all too common in Boardman, and Mahoning County as a whole. With that being said, are you fully prepared for flooding? Let the water damage restoration specialists at SERVPRO of West Mahoning County give you some Water Damage Emergency Tips to follow when your Boardman home is flooded.
After any water damage situation, your primary focus should be safety first:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
What To Do After Flooding
Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
Before any of this, call SERVPRO of West Mahoning County! We are faster to any size disaster with 24/7 response. We have the training, experience, and equipment to properly dry your Boardman home. Call us today at (330) 393-9999 or visit our Website to get your basement dried fast!
Has Water or Storm Damage Caused a Smelly Carpet in Your Youngstown Home?
Our professional cleaning can address moderate and heavy soil conditions in your carpets.
Even the highest-quality carpet and upholstery can show soiling over time. Protect your investment by calling us to clean and maintain your carpet and upholstery. The SERVPRO System offers several cleaning options to match any type of upholstery or carpet.
We also offer a range of specialized cleaning methods:
- Bonnet Cleaning: A less aggressive method for short, piled carpets.
- Hot Water Extraction: A deeper cleaning method for all carpet types.
- Deluxe Precondition and Rinse: Helps restore deeply soiled areas.
- Showcase Premier Cleaning: The most thorough cleaning method in the industry.
- Dry Cleaning: When colorfastness is an issue.
Carpets act as a filter, trapping dust, dirt, gases, animal hair, and other soils. All carpet manufacturers agree on actions you can take between carpet cleanings to increase the life span of your carpet.
IICRC states that 79% of soil in carpet is dry soil. Vacuuming is a key component to proper care and maintenance of carpet.
Preventative maintenance actions include:
- Regular vacuuming
- Spot removal
- Moving furniture to change traffic patterns
- Using walk-off mats to limit the amount of soil tracked onto the carpet
Our professional cleaning can address moderate and heavy soil conditions in your carpets. How often you will need professional cleaning depends on soil build-up, traffic, type and color of carpeting. A good rule of thumb would be to professionally clean your carpet every 12 months. The best advice is to clean carpets before they become totally saturated with soil. If you wait until carpets look dirty, the carpets may never be restored to their former appearance. Dirt builds up in layers, and when a carpet looks dirty you are only seeing the dirt at the tips of the fibers. More dirt is hiding below the surface down near the base of the pile, causing damage to the carpet. When a carpet is saturated with dirt, the soil has penetrated crevices and has become firmly lodged.
We will get the job done right. For a cleaning backed by state-of-the-art equipment, over 40 years of experience and Professionals trained to the highest standards, call SERVPRO of West Mahoning County today at (330) 393-9999.
Commercial Mold Remediation Presents Unique Challenges
We have the training, experience, and equipment to contain the mold infestation and remediate it to preloss condition.
Mold can spread quickly through a property if left untreated. SERVPRO of West Mahoning County can respond quickly, working to first contain the infestation to help prevent its spread to other parts of the building.
Next, we will begin the remediation process, working safely and effectively to manage the situation. We have the training, experience, and equipment to contain the mold infestation and remediate it to preloss condition.
Learn more about SERVPRO of West Mahoning County training and certifications.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
- Odor Control Technician
- Upholstery and Fabric Cleaning Technician
Besides causing a major business interruption, a mold problem can present a serious health risk for people exposed at your commercial property. Mold infestations can be caused by minor water intrusions, like a slow roof leak or loose plumbing fitting. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. If you suspect your property has a mold problem, call SERVPRO of West Mahoning County, who will respond quickly and work fast to manage the situation.
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- A Trusted Leader in the Mold and Water Restoration Industry with over 1,700 Franchises
- Highly Trained Mold and Water Damage Restoration Specialists
Have a Mold Problem? Call Us Today – (330) 609-8543